Wednesday, January 21, 2009

January 2009

Happy new year to all! January has been a very busy month! We ushered in the new year with everyone in different places. Alex went with his friend Parker on a snowmobiling trip, and he had a great time. Justin had a party at our house with about 15 friends over. Scott stayed home to supervise, and make sure that the fireworks didn't get out of control, and the girls and I went to my parents for games, and movies. We all had a fun evening, but then I was lucky enough to have to work New Years Day, and needless to say, I was very tired!

We enjoyed an evening of Football, watching the Utah Utes take on Alabama in the Sugar Bowl. We had all the family over that's in the area. It was very loud in our basement, and we were thrilled that Utah won. We still think they should have won the national championship! We had a large snow storm that night, and Scott had to brush our satellite off a few times.

Justin took a cute girl named Chelsea out this month. We have a rule in our house of not dating until your 16, and the girl he took out also has that rule, and she turned 16 in December. He took her to dinner, and then to "Build a Bear" for her birthday. They came back over to the house and played cards with us. Driving, dating, friends, I feel like the time I have with Justin is going by way too fast! Justin is enjoying the snow this winter, and is becoming quite the snow boarder. I went up to Brighton Ski Resort yesterday, and watched him and his friends for awhile. It was beautiful up there!

Yesterday was the inauguration of Barrack Obama as President of the United Sates. I don't share his political views at all, and it was a little depressing for me. But, I hope all goes well, and that he will attempt to do what's best for our country. I am so grateful to live in America!

2 comments:

  1. Sis,
    Say it ain't so, Justin's first date!!!!! It is hard to believe he is old enough. I hope he had a great time. I'm depressed about Obama, but God Bless America!!!!
    Love
    Ree Ree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daughter: Lots going on in January. You're right about Justin, time is too short for you and the rest of the family too. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete